Hi guys, we’ve found out that a little gem by the name of Starhawk is coming to the PlayStation Network on Tuesday, September 25. It will feature 3 different options: the full game for $39.99, the multiplayer only for $19.99, and finally the single player campaign which will be available free of charge to all PlayStation Plus members.
Since its initial release, the game has undergone some extensive updates, bettering the overall experience with each and every one of them. Courtesy of PlayStation Blog we are able to bring you a new video and also a list of all the updates available for the game.
A list of some of the major updates and features that have been implemented into the game:
- 3 New Gameplay Modes: Assault, Deathmatch Arena, Gatekeeper.
- 5 New “Small” Maps: Cypress Glade, Space Relay, Scourge Junction, Space Flotilla, Scourge Breaker.
- Updated pre-placed pick-ups on all maps (just like we did in Cypress) as well as updated Rift Barrel placement.
- 3 New Build & Battle Load-outs: Trooper, Lightweight and Speeder.
- New Tool-Tips are displayed on various options and buttons in the Uplink, including a display of all the units in each Load-Out and recommended player counts when you create a new game.
- MAW Rocket Launcher now can lock-on to the Sidewinder Jet Bike.
- Added four New national clan banners for our players in the Middle East: Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Israel and the UAE.
- Quit Penalty for players that quit during a game — you get a loss posted and SkillScore hit.
- New “Up Next” display at the intermission screen of what map, mode and load-out is coming up in the next round.
- More score-limit and time-limit options when creating a game.
- All three new game modes are added to QuickMatch for matchmaking.
- Co-Op Prospector is now supported in Quick-Match for matchmaking into public Co-Op games.
- New Co-Op Prospector options for creating Private or Public games, difficulty, and game name.
- Public Co-Op Prospector games now are supported in the server-list.
- Bug fix that ensures that only Clan Leaders/Officers can edit the clan tag field.
- Added a PlayStation Store button to the Uplink for accessing Starhawk DLC.
- Increased starting Rift-Energy in Homeworlds.
- Slightly increased the Galloway Pistol’s head-shot damage.
- Removed the “Bruiser” Skill.
- Added a “Grinder” Skill that allows you to start with a Grinder in your weapon inventory.
- Grinder wind-up time has been reduced.
- Max range for the Grinder has been increased.
- In the server-list, the easy “Cake” and medium “Fist” game icons have been removed. You will still see the hard “Skull” game icons.
- Refined difficulty tuning on all Co-Op Prospector Missions (slightly easier).
- Increased XP payouts for all Co-Op Prospector Missions.
- XP payouts for capturing Tier-2 and Tier-3 bases in the Zones gameplay mode.
- Integrated Starhawk-specific network scan to help players resolve port issues.
- Added in-game scoreboard HUD for Dogfight & Arena Deathmatch gameplay modes.
Once again a big thanks to PlayStation Blog for the update.